Slash-World
Bienvenue sur le forum Slash World, veuillez vous connecter pour pouvoir surfer tranquillement - Welcome on the forum Slash World, please connect you to be able to surf quietly
Slash-World
Bienvenue sur le forum Slash World, veuillez vous connecter pour pouvoir surfer tranquillement - Welcome on the forum Slash World, please connect you to be able to surf quietly
Slash-World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

forum about the slash around the world, the janto, the mcshep and more.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hazard of Hearts Clex Smallville 1/13 Adult

Go down 
AuthorMessage
wereleopard58

wereleopard58

Hazard of Hearts Clex Smallville 1/13  Adult Empty
PostSubject: Hazard of Hearts Clex Smallville 1/13 Adult   Hazard of Hearts Clex Smallville 1/13  Adult Icon_minitimeWed 19 Aug - 17:13

Title: Hazard of Hearts

Author: Wereleopard58

Rating: FRAO (NC-17)

Summary: Clark Kent meets Lord Lex Luthor who wins him in a bet.

Disclaimer: I do not own Smallville or Barbara Cartland’s a Hazard of Hearts. Come on give me a break I have been training away from home.

Feedback: Would appreciate it but happy you are actually reading this *g*

Chapter One

Clark looked around at the majestic landscape sitting astride his horse. His fingers holding tightly to the reins, with a gentle smile and a deep breath he tapped his foot and his horse started to gallop.

Another man, Morgan Edge, was sitting on his horse hiding amongst the trees watched Clark with desire in his eyes as the young man rode past him unknowingly been leered at.

“I will have him.” Edge muttered.

The man next to him laughed. “Don’t you ever stop Edge? You know he hates you.”

Edge ignored him and continued to stare at the strong muscular back as it moved away.

XXXXX

Clark strode into his house. A young man appeared holding out his hands to take away the riding gloves.

“Whitney is my father still in the library?”

“No, Sir Jonathan went to London as soon as you left to go on your ride.” The young man answered.

Clark’s eyes filled with worry. “Did he say when he would be back?”

“No sir he said he would be staying with your cousin Miss Chloe.” Whitney smiled slightly; he had feelings for the young fiery woman.

Clark froze, just for a moment and then made his way up the staircase pausing to stare at the portrait of his father. “Please let him win, just this once, let dad win.”

XXXXX

Jonathan tapped a card against his lip looking around at the other players around the table. Henry placed a card down.

“Trump.” He called out.

Jonathan could not keep the smile from his face. “Trump again,” he said as he placed the card onto the felt. “My trick again I think and my game.”

“The cards love you tonight squire.” Another man said without malice and a grin on his face.

“Uncle.” Chloe whispered in his ear. “You have won back all you have lost and more. Now is the time to quit.”

“On the contrary my dear girl now is the time to ride my luck.”

“With respect sir that has always brought disaster.” Chloe muttered.

“Just one more game, just one more.” Jonathan eyed the deck of cards.

“If you will not think of yourself think of you son Clark.”

Jonathan stopped, stared into space and then nodded. Sighing he put his coins back into their bag.

“Well gentlemen I know discretion is death to a gamester but prudence has been urged upon me and I must confess I do see the sense in it. I will play no more.” Jonathan picked up his gloves.

“You have paid your dues to Lady Luck in the past Sir Jonathan, we will excuse you.”

“Your servant.” Jonathan bowed to them and turned away.

He and his niece walked towards the doors which were being opened as soon as they arrived and standing on the other side was Morgan Edge.

“Jonathan going so soon? I thought you might like to take revenge on me for lighting you pockets the last time we met.” Jonathan looked down at the ground and continued to walk again. “I swear he has an impatient mistress waiting for him.”

Jonathan turned and the two men stared at each other, Edge smirked.

“I am at your disposal my Lord Edge.”

“Uncle you know his luck has always topped yours.” Chloe reminded him.

“Tonight he will learn his lesson.”

Chloe shook her head. “Idiot.”

“Will dice suit you?” Edge asked.

“As you please.”

“Quick and simple then, high score wins, no limit.” Edge barked out.

“Agreed.”

XXXXX

Clark paced the room worry marring his handsome features. “Please let him be home soon.”

XXXXX

Edge and Jonathan placed their bets down. Jonathan picked up the container holding the dice and shook it, smiling at Edge. The dice rolled across the table it was a 6 and a 4. Chloe grinned at her uncle.

Lord Edge took the dice and threw it was a 6 and a 5. Chloe looked down in shock. The money was pushed across to the winner’s side.

Jonathan stared nervously as he shakes the dice and throws a 6 and a 5.

“Good throw uncle this could change the game.” Chloe said excitedly.

Edge throws once again. 6 and a 6. Sweat fell from Jonathan’s face, Chloe reached out to help him but he pushed her away. She hid the tears that threatened to fall; instead she turned it to anger and glared at Edge. Who in return just smiled back at her.

XXXXX

Clark was sitting down, his chin resting in his palms, waiting. The door opened and in walked Lara his maid. Clark turned to her.

“It’s just some hot chocolate. Do please drink it Mr Clark you have had nothing all day.” She begged him. In an instant Clark was in her arms and she held him tightly. “All will be will I am certain of it.”

Clark moved away and stood in the front of the roaring fire, staring down into its bright embers, praying that somehow this would turn out ok.

XXXXX

The table was littered with gold coins, in front of Jonathan there was nothing just the green felt of the table and an empty purse.

“A chair here.” He called out. Chloe rushed from next to him to find one.

“Well there is always you house is there not.” Edge drawled. “A rather fine house I have always thought.” Jonathan used a handkerchief to wipe the sweat from his brow. “But, of course if you don’t care to..” Edge left the rest of the sentence unsaid.

The doors opened and in walked Lord Lex Luthor ignoring everyone he headed to the fireplace and stood there, a man with a tray holding a drink walked up to him. He took it and watched what was going on.

“Lord Luthor is here, Lex Luthor.” Someone whispered in amazement.

Lex carefully studied both men, the arrogant Edge and Jonathan Kent sitting and sweating.

Jonathan watched Edge smirking at him with the final decision made he stood and shook the dice. And threw a 5 and 3, Edge then threw a 5 and 4. Jonathan sat back down in defeat.

Lex twirled the delicate glass between his fingers, briefly staring down at the liquid before back towards the game. Jonathan started to rise, a defeated man.

“Not leaving so soon are you?” Edge smarmingly asked.

“There is nothing left to wager, you’ve taken everything I process.”

“Well not quite everything. That handsome son of yours, he’s a touch high and mighty for me but a man of great spirit. They tell me he inherits 80,000 guineas on his marriage. I’ll tell you what let me be fair with you I will wager everything that you have lost so far against your son’s hand in marriage.”

Whispers rushed around the room Jonathan his face wet with perspiration stared at the man in front of him. Chloe moved to his side and placed her hand on his arm.

“Uncle he is bating you.”

Jonathan pulled away.

“Well sir yes or no.” Edge asked.

With one last look of panic Jonathan rushed to a table and started to write.

“For gods sake not your own son and to Edge of all people.” Chloe spat out angrily.

“What would you have me do go back to Clark and tell him what I have done.”

Lex watched coolly from his spot.

“Better that then…” Chloe tried to talk.

“By all the laws of change I have to win.” He turned and became face to face with his niece. “Just once against Edge, just once.” He begged. “It’s my only opportunity now is the time, now. Oh Chloe can’t you see I can retain everything and Clark will never know.”

Jonathan headed back to the table, the whole rooms eyes were on him and places the piece of paper on the table. Edge watches him carefully.

“My sons hand in marriage and inheritance against everything I have lost.”

Jonathan threw the dice 6 and a 5, Edge then threw 6 and a 6.

“Lady Luck has her ways. I hope it would be convenient to call tomorrow. Do ask the adorable Clark to expect me.”

Jonathan looked down, turned away and walked out of the room the door closing behind him.

“My Lord Edge.” Lex called out. Edge turned to him. Lex placed the glass on the mantelpiece; he then saunters across to the dice table. “I will through you for 100,000 guineas against the house and the boy.” He pulls out a bag from his coat and drops it onto the table.

“Done tonight I am unbeatable, even by you my dear Luthor.”

Edge throws dice a 6 and 4. Lex throws his 6 and 6.

Lex reached over and picks up the piece of paper. A gunshot is heard from outside the room.

TBC
Back to top Go down

Hazard of Hearts Clex Smallville 1/13 Adult
Page 1 of 1